ARTISTIC RESIDENCIES - HOW TO APPLY
Developed throughout the year since 2013, the residency programme is at the heart of Kilowatt’s daily work.
Open to professional artists from Italy and abroad working in the areas of theatre, dance and performance and closely linked to Kilowatt’s other two strands of activity in presenting performances and facilitating research and development in the performing arts, the residency programme is a key element of Kilowatt’s profile as an artists’ home that supports a lively exchange between practice and theory.
While occupying their own designated space and working essentially independently, residents can choose to take advantage of different types of production support, such as assistance in dramaturgy, technical assistance, project management, press and communication.
Since 2018, CapoTrave/Kilowatt’s residency activity at Teatro alla Misericordia in Sansepolcro and Teatro Mario Spina in Castiglion Fiorentino, together with that of Armunia in Rosignano Marittimo, has been recognised as a Residency Centre of Tuscany.
There is no exact time of year or deadline to send in your residency proposals. In general, the residency programme between September and December is closed by May, and the residency programme between January and June is closed by October.
Residency proposals sent to: email@example.com
A residency can guarantee the following:
- Theatre space (80 m2 + space for the audience)
- Accommodation at La Casa degli Artisti (maximum 14 people)
- Daily flat-rate reimbursement for meals for the duration of the project for residency participants
- Coverage of travel costs for the company from one location to Sansepolcro (by prior agreement)
- Technical equipment available (by prior agreement and subject to availability)
- Supervision and technical support on the day of arrival and departure (by prior agreement)
- Organisation of the final open rehearsal on the last day of the residency, including communication and promotion of the rehearsal
- Presence of the photographer at the final open rehearsal, with two photographs donated to the company for the subsequent promotion activity to be carried out on its own.